Title: About Community Unit School District 303’s Art Collection
Locations: School Buildings
Map Locations: Various
The School District’s Collection of artwork on this web site is sorted by school.
D303 suggests: “Art located within the school is available for viewing by contacting the school ahead of time and setting an appointment. Normal security measures apply. ”
Phone numbers for each school are included on each post. The schools are (by location number):
1. Norton Creek Elementary School, 2033 Smith Road, West Chicago – Mosaics; Birds Have Better Luck
3. St. Charles East High School, 1020 Dunham Road – Aquatic Diversity; Autumn On Old School Lake; Day Into Night; Field Study; Fleur de Lis; Outstretched Hand; Riverscape; Summer; Vincent
4. Wredling Middle School, 1200 Dunham Road – Farm Tale; Soar; Urban Gothic
8. Anderson Elementary School, 35W071 Villa Marie Road – Anderson Elementary School; Flowers; Georgia O’Keefe Flowers Mosaic; Hallway Mosaic; In The Style Of…; Little Woods School; Quilt; Sunrise Serenade; Where We Live
9. Munhall Elementary School, 1400 South 13th Avenue – Hallway Murals; Running Crow
11. Abraham Lincoln Elementary School, 211 South 6th Avenue – Abraham Lincoln Elementary School; Harriet Tubman Freedom Quilt; Sea World; The Family; The States; The Students
33. Thompson Middle School, 705 W. Main Street – Hall Of Murals
34. Thompson 7th and 8th Grade Center, 201 S. 7th Street – Dude; Hallway Mosaics
35. Richmond Intermediate School, 300 S. 12th Street – Around The World; Flowers In Glass; Richmond Intermediate; Richmond Tigers
36. Alice Davis Primary School, 1125 S. 7th Street – The Sea
37. St. Charles North High School, 255 Red Gate Road – Arts; Activities; Art Room Murals; Hallway Murals; North Stars; Polar Bear; Asea; The Best Teacher I Ever Had; The Canals Of Venice; World Of Tomorrow
39. Corron Elementary School, 455 Thornwood Way, South Elgin – Hello Kitti Tipi
40. Wasco Elementary School, 4N782 School Street, Wasco – Bev Taylor Way; Body, Mind, Spirit, Wasco; Head Of The Class; Wasco By The Year
PLEASE NOTE: The individual schools within Community Unit School District 303 have public art collections made up of artwork created by students, students in collaboration with teachers or professional artists, and/or donated artwork.
Each school also has a significant collection of student artwork that has been chosen by teachers, every year, to be professionally framed and displayed. As these collections have grown larger, and after a period of time on display, the schools have begun to return the framed artwork to the student artist. Because these collections are both very large and not permanent they do NOT appear on this web site.